Thursday, September 15, 2011

Horrible Bosses

No, not the movie...real ones! I realize it has been forever since I have posted here; I'm going to try and get better at that. I tend to have a lot on my plate and certain things I enjoy suffer for that. Anyway, back to the title of the post. Ever had one of those horrible bosses? One that always has to be right and is so intimidated by the thought of someone else stealing their thunder that they truly can't see another persons point of view? I have one. Well, I guess I should say had one. If you have read any of my previous posts you know that "by day" I am a nurse. This is my livelihood and I take it very seriously. I love what I do and I'm good at it. Am I wrong? Do I make mistakes? Of course! We all do, right? Nope, not my boss. NEVER. I had a discussion with her last week regarding a policy on a particular class of medications. The policy stated essentially"will not administer (medication)..." I thought that was pretty clear. So when she asked me to see a patient for whom I would be administering said class of medications, I explained to her why I was uncomfortable with that. She did find a policy that was newer that said it was allowable, so I made the visit and it was not discussed further. Until I was suspended. Yep, that's right; suspended. For arguing with her. Um, hello??? I was trying to have a civilized discussion about something that I felt would put my licence, and therefore my livelihood in jeopardy. In said write up, there are numerous false allegations on her part (the argument about the policy was not all that was included). Unfortunately for her, I have been concerned about her ethics for some time and have kept notes and copies of messages sent. Because of this, I have proof in most instances that she is lying. Will it do any good? I don't know. But I can tell you, I won't go down without a fight!
Ever had one of those horrible bosses? What did you do about it?

No comments:

My Etsy Mini