Sunday, November 6, 2011

The first week

I have now worked 5 full days at my new job and so far so good. I am always a bit reserved when I start a new job, I don't much care for change. So far I have had mostly positive experiences which is good in a setting such as this. I have never been a fan of long term care and have a ton of respect for those who can do it. However, I must say that it is possible (ok, likely) that what I am basing my opinion on, the experiences I have had, are not the norm. This, I am glad to learn. As a new employee in this facility, I have seen nothing but compassion and caring from the staff at all levels. That to me is the single most important aspect. The rest, I can deal with. Because the way things are done are so much different than what I am used to (not wrong mind you, just different), I feel like it is taking me a while to figure things out. The good part though is that those I have been working with have been great about helping out and showing me what needs to be done. So, for fear of jinxing myself, I will just say, "so far, so good". :)

1 comment:

angelinabeadalina said...

The people on staff make all the difference in whether it's good LTC or scary-bad LTC. So glad you've found the good ones.

My Etsy Mini