Saturday, October 11, 2008

New Series

A few posts back I spoke about a new series I had in the works. Well, it is finally time to show it to you, at least the first of the series. I got this idea after finding out what the October challenge would be for LEST (Lampwork Etc. Street Team) on Etsy; breast cancer awareness. I have made very few goddesses to this point but the idea of a "Survivor Goddess" popped into my head as I was trying to think of things to create for this challenge. To me, a goddess represents the beauty and grace of the female form regardless of size, shape, age, color...or whatever else. I was so excited about the idea of this that I made several before it occurred to me that some might be offended by this...if you are one of them, I am truly sorry. I didn't create these to offend anyone, the plan is to raise awareness. As part of the challenge on Etsy, the proceeds from anything pink and these goddesses will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Please help me support this great cause!


1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

This is a beautiful idea. I'm not offended. Best wishes with your work.

My Etsy Mini